Jul 7, 2011

Child Raising V.S. Pet Raising


I am not a mother of a human baby yet, but I do consider myself a mother to all of my pets.

I have raised them all from babies, taken care of them when they were sick, and cleaned up many dirty diapers (i.e. accidents in the house). Adam and I call each other mom & dad, and I even get a card on Mother's Day, but sometimes I wonder, how close is pet raising to child raising?

Or do you even consider the two at all connected?

I hope so, because in my opinion I am a really good pet mommy!

So, what do you think? Is child raising similar to pet raising? I want to know what you think.

Other posts that might interest you:
**If you like what you read here, make sure to share it with your friends by "liking" this blog post.




1 comment:

  1. This is a really good question! I think there are a lot of similarities. I mean, they both need love, play time, nap time, food, shelter, health care, toys, and cleaning up after. The only difference to me seems to be in degrees. I think children will just take a lot more love, play time, nap time, food, shelter, health care, toys, and cleaning up after than pets do.

    ReplyDelete