Jul 22, 2011

Vets replace tortoise’s leg with wheel!


I love turtles and ever since I watched "The Last Song" I have dreamed of watching baby turtles hatch and make their long journey to the ocean. This story melted my heart and I wanted to share it with you guys.

A 12-year-old turtle in Washington state underwent a major operation that replaced his injured leg with a wheel! Read the full story here at msnbc.msn.com.

I am so amazed by the medical field and the huge advancements they are making. I am sure happy this little guy gets a second chance, because you know, turtles can live up to 100 years.

Have you heard about any other major medical advancements for animals? If so, I would love to hear about it.


Link
Other posts that might interest you:
Pet Turtle - Are You in the Market?


**If you like what you read here, make sure to share it with your friends by "liking" this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment