Feb 2, 2012

Dog Name Ideas


Looking for the perfect name for your dog or puppy? You may already have a name picked out, or you might be waiting to meet this new addition before you give it a name. Either way I can understand the importance of choosing the right name for your dog.

Really there isn't any science behind it, I say go with your gut and you'll know what name to choose. I tend to pick dog names that are quintessential dog names, which is why I named my first dog Sparky, but you may want to pick a name that means something, that is funny, or even serious.

So, to aide you in your quest for the perfect dog name, I put together a few lists for you.

Here are some of my favorite dog names:

Sparky
Lily
Brinkley
Fido
Bruiser
Daisy
Lassie
Spike

Funny dog names:

Beast
Boozer
Buckshot
Cat
Kitty
Fleabag
Critter
Roadkill
Killer
Shredder
Sickem
Slobber
Tater
Twinkie

And then you have the type of names that I like the least, they are what I like to call 'serious dog names.' Frankly I think it is weird when your dog has the same name a person would have. I explain a little further below.

Serious dog names:
*All names that are people names such as Peter, Emily, John, etc.

Mr. Winkles - or any name that starts with a Mr. or Mrs. for that matter.
Mozart- Names of famous composers


Which dog name is your favorite? Which one just seems ridiculous?


**If you like what you read here, make sure you share it with your friends by "liking" this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment