May 11, 2009

On Thursday




On Thursday, May 7th, 2009 Hannah and I lost a precious member of our family. It was determined that Eden had contracted Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP), a fatal viral disease which unfortunately has no known cure. Her sudden death, while heartbreaking, has taught us to appreciate the time we have with our other pets. Eden was unanimously considered a beautiful and affectionate cat by all those who knew her.

I adopted Eden on March 3rd, 2007 when she was just two years old. I have always loved cats, but until Eden I’d never had one to call my own. I remember when I met Eden I thought she was incredibly beautiful. I saw her for the first time through the adoption center window at the PETCO in Sugarhouse (Salt Lake City, UT). Her vivid eyes left a lasting impression. I gave myself some time to think about the responsibility of caring for another life, a practice I highly recommend, and after a characteristically sleepless night, the only question left unanswered was “How fast can I get back to the PETCO?” Hannah and I took Eden home and were almost immediately treated to equal displays of her happy affection and stubborn independence.

We are so grateful for the pictures and memories we have of Eden. Though the time we had with her was sadly cut short, we are happy to remember her as a loving and loyal daughter. Her presence in our lives will not soon be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment