May 4, 2009

Dog Grooming


A few months ago I took on the title of dog groomer. I was tired of paying $60 every three months to get my two dogs groomed. Trying to stay frugal, I of course bought a few cheap electric dog clippers, but none of them seemed to "shear the sheep" as I like to call it. Finally I was turned onto the Oster Turbo A5. It is amazing! I can now shave my dogs with professional skill. I highly recommend these clippers.

Some dog grooming tips to remember:
  • Bathe and dry your pet before shaving
  • Make sure you have the proper tools, i.e. Oster Clippers, brush, and scissors
  • Shave going with the grain of the hair
  • Make sure the clippers do not get too hot (they could burn your dog), they have cooling lube for this
  • If your dogs are like mine, then give them a few breaks during the process


Sparky before his haircut


Sparky during his haircut
Sparky after his haircut and about 10 lbs lighter





2 comments:

  1. How much did those clippers cost? Mine are Oster clippers and they can't get through Bella's hair. It' faster to just grab chunks of hair and cut it out with scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent about $250 on the clipper set and extra blades. I purchased it at Petsmart.

    ReplyDelete