Jun 21, 2011

The Dogs Ate My Dinner


I had a crazy night last night and it ended with my dogs eating my dinner!

All of the chaos started after I made myself a turkey sandwich and grilled asparagus for dinner. I brought my plate to the couch and sat down to eat it when I received a knock at my door. Now, anytime someone knocks at my door my dogs go CRAZY! It is very annoying. Can you relate?

I peaked through the blinds and saw a man, thinking it was a neighbor I opened the door a crack so that the dogs didn't run out, and said hi. Well, it wasn't a neighbor, it was security salesman. I think I forgot to mention that we have an ADT sign right by our front door, so it was pretty ludicrous that he knocked on our door in the first place.

With the door opened only a crack, I greeted him by saying I couldn't open my door further or my dogs would come charging out. But that didn't stop him from starting his spiel. After about 30 seconds I said hold on and nudged my way carefully outside. Annoyed I listened to what he had to say, until I remembered my dinner sitting next to the couch.

And of course, as I peered in through the crack in the door, I saw my dogs eating my dinner! Super annoyed at this point, I opened the door and shewed the dogs away from my food, only to have them run outside into the unfenced front yard, jumping up on the security salesman.

Furious! I corralled my dogs back in the house, told the salesman I was no longer in the mood to listen to his pitch and attempted to shut the door. All while he continued to try and sale me and give me his card to check out his website.

I think I might vow to never open the door again!

My night ended with me remaking my dinner and sitting down to The Bachelorette, trying to calm down from all the commotion.

I am curious, have you ever had an experience like this?


**If you like what you read here, make sure to share it with your friends by "liking" this blog post.


No comments:

Post a Comment